The BID development is being jointly funded by London Borough of Sutton and the Greater London Authority (GLA). Sutton Council have supported and seen first hand the fantastic successes of the Sutton Town Centre BID and the Kimpton Industrial Area BID and want businesses in Beddington Industrial Area to be offered these same opportunities that are achieved through working in partnership.
Whilst the Beddington BID development is being supported by Sutton Council, a group of local businesses will be taking the lead and will form a BID Steering Group to make key decisions to ensure the Beddington BID is business led.
The BID Steering Group is the formal body made up of individuals from businesses within Beddington Industrial Area (the proposed BID area) and is responsible for promoting and developing the BID through consultation with all businesses and the production of project proposals upon which businesses will vote in October 2015.
The Beddington BID Steering Group are fellow business owners and managers, assisting the BID development on a voluntary basis; the group has representation from a range of business sectors, large and small businesses alike.
The BID Steering Group will meet at least once a month from January 2015 to monitor progress and take key decisions on the content and development of the BID Proposal.
The BID Steering Group recognise the benefits of all businesses working together and are the local champions driving the BID development forward.
Beddington BID Steering Group Members
- Dave Piotrowski, Branch Manager Jewson
- Mike Stafford, Regional Manager Viridor
- Mark Mathews, Town Planning Manager Thames Water
- Peter Whitehead, Managing Director PF Whitehead
- Steve Hoad, Managing Director Hydro Cleansing
- Sarah Crow Capitol Carpets
- David Smith, Director F Smith & Son
- Hermione Brightwell, Opportunity Sutton Sutton Council
- Paul Cutts, Croydon Rifle and Pistol Club
- Andy Whitten, Regional Operations Manager Kuehne & Nagel Drinks Logistics
- JP Manfrinato, Logistics Manager Tangle Teezer
- Peter Woods, Head of Estates Superdrug
- David Brown, Manager SLD Lighting
- Keith Bird, Business Manager Veolia
- Colin Cupid, Creative Distribution
- Simon Eady, IKEA
- Inspector Ian Hicks, Sutton Police
- Mike Pavitt, Northgate Vehicle Hire
- Nick Baker, London Trams
In March 2015 the Beddington BID Steering Group elected a Chairman and Vice Chairman to head up their Steering Group:
Peter Whitehead, Managing Director P F Whitehead
Vice BID Chairman
Keith Bird, Business Manager Veolia